Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

kittiminx's dad

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by blackmarton, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Hi guys

I have just joined (non-rider)

I don't suppose there would be many non-riders posting to this forum, I just want to say to all you new members, you aren't just joining another chat group with a common interest in bikes, you are now part of an extended family that has an incredible spirit and you can count on the family rallying together when the going gets tough.

If you visit the "kittiminx crashes her bike - UPDATE " forum you will understand what I am saying. Just be prepared, it is a very emotional experience.

Safe riding
  2. Welcome Sir.

Here's hoping for an ultra speedy recovery
  3. Hay there blackmarton and welcome to the crazy house, I don’t think you are the only non-riding member of these forums and yes... you are right. Netrider do look out for riders that have come to grief in there pursuit of something they loved to do. I have been lucky (or unfortunate if you think about it) to have been on the other side of things when I came off, but was lucky to have not been that hurt that badly. and had allot of help at the crash site...getting my bike back to Melbourne and myself back from hospital to home to curl up and sob about how I would not be riding for a bit from a broken arm
    in the 3 years ive been a member there have been a few really nasty ones and I always love how the members of Netrider will pull together and stick there neck out for people sometimes they have never met
    I too hope for a speedy recovery...
  4. hi blackmarton, welcome to the forum....and our thoughts and best wishes are with you, kittiminx and the rest of the family.....hang in there.
  5. Welcome aboard. This place is a wealth of info for riders and non-riders alike. And yes it is like one huge family. (Adams family?) :grin:
  6. Hey mate, welcome to the madness.
    Despite out often disagrements on religion, type of bike, fule, oil, wheater Vic needs a hair transplant, etc, etc we ARE i big extended family that care for our fellow riders.

hope to cya around.
  7. Just look at Vics avatar for the answer :LOL:

Welcome Morton.

8. An official welcome from me to :)

9. Hi Marton,

We're glad you've joined us here at NR and appreciate you looking deeper to understand motorcycling and NR rather than making a superficial judgement, as many in your situation would understandably do. It will be a pleasure to meet you!

Caroline & John.
  10. Hi ya Marton.
    Welcome to netrider... :grin:
    Just be careful...what we have, can be contagious :eek: :LOL:
  11. Cheers mate and welcome, sorry not under the best circumstances but g'day and hope all goes well.
  12. Hi Marton, welcome to Netrider :grin:
  13. It's great to see you're so supportive of both us as a community and your daughter's wishes to ride again.

I think there are many parents who would still have a very negative approach given the terrible injuries that Sophie has suffered.

As you can see there is a great community feeling within the motorcycling fraternity whcih makes even the worst of times much better.

Welcome aboard.
  14. Welcome Marton
    Really nice to have you here .
    Very best wishes to you and your family.
  15. Hi Marton,
    Not the best way to be introduced to Netriders but the best way too find out what a great supportive bunch we are. Hope it all goes well for sophie and your family. :wink:
  16. I asked Marton why he's calling himself Blackmarton. This was his response... (with his consent to post here, of course).

Of course, little ol' me didn't know what he meant by that last point, so...
    :LOL: :LOL: Just had to share with you guys! He definitely earns his name :p
  17. Welcome, all the best of wishes and support to you and your family.
  18. Hey there and welcome to the madhouse! :grin:
    Sending best wishes to your family. :wink: