Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kittiminx slips her collar... progress report

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by kittiminx, May 23, 2007.

1. I want to start by saying a massive thanks to everyone who came to the anzac day ride and helped with the prizes and organising (esp. you scheff – and all those who I don’t know by name) – I’m so blown away by the generosity and kindness shown by the netrider community.

Well it’s been 6 weeks and time for some news, good and not so good…
    The good news is I’m out of the neck brace at last!

The not so good news is my knee isn’t bending as well as the doctors would like, so I’m back at the Alfred next Monday for a general anaesthetic while they ‘mobilise’ my knee – then two days with a spinal drip to block the nerves while I’m on a machine that moves the knee through it’s range of motion.
    So I’m a bit apprehensive about getting poked with needles again, but at the mo I don’t have enough bending to ride a sports bike so it’s got to be done! (getting back on the road on a scooter just doesn’t appeal)

Both arms are still non-weight bearing (forecast is 4 months before I can use the left arm properly), so I’ll be walking before I can pick up a bottle of wine :LOL: Means posting hasn’t been easy, slowly getting better at typing in the arm brace tho, so I hope to be able to do more than just read the forums…

I’ve also escaped for weekend leave this week, dropped in at A1 in Brighton on the way home, ran into Luke (who did the stunts on the anzac day ride), had a chance to check out some bikes and gear (still in the chair so wasn’t able to sit on anything yet… :sigh: )

Finally I just wanted to thank everyone again for helping me get online with my lappie – what an amazing bunch you netriders are!

2. Thanks for the update kittiminx. Its funny you post today as my mother came into my room this morning when I was half asleep and asked how you were going as I told her about your accident. People are thinking about you, hope your healing is a quick and as painless as possible!

3. Good to see you're up and about.

God blessed humanity with foam domes and stupidly long drinking straws for a reason.
  4. Good to read some of ur posts. I was starting to wonder how u were going since I didnt hear or c any news abt u.
  5. Leave it on the table and use a straw! :grin:
  6. Hey Sophie, the good news is good news, and the bad news means there will be more good news, so it's ALL good.

Keep your spirits up (even if you have to use a straw); you may be out of sight for most of us, but you are not out of mind....
  7. Sounds like you're doing well so far, obviously not "brand new" but still, healing well and in good spirits.
    Glad you posted in.

Regards, Andrew.
  8. Great to hear your making progress KM but you have to get that knee moving again otherwise you might be relegated to, god forbid, a cruiser :grin:
  9. All the best kittiminx.

So when are you coming to Brisbane Sophie? Are you up to the August netrider tour as pillion?
  10. Miss Minx, good to hear from you. I was starting to wonder if Blackmarton had forgotten us.
    The guys at Motoheaven were pretty excited to see you out and about, i missed you by a couple of hours. :cry:
    That's great news about your neck brace, now you wont look like a gazelle. :p
    I'll try to see you soon when things ease up. Keep swinging, the home runs are coming.

11. Thanks for the update Sophie, good to hear the neck brace has been removed as I know you were looking forward to that.

All the best with your knee ... and arms ... and hand ...

Basically, all the best with your recovery.
  12. Thanks for the update Kitti. :) Congrat's on getting the neck brace off! Another step forward - soon you'll be skipping and not long after you'll be a dot on the horizon :grin: :grin:

All the best for next Monday...and the days that will follow it. :)

13. Hi ya Sophie!...wehoo!..that darn neck brace - GONE!.. :grin: :grin:

I can understand your apprehension about the knee...and while it's easy for 'me' to say...it IS for the ultimate good, eh. :)

Very good to see you getting into posting a little more, to Soph. :)

14. Hi Sophie, it's great to hear from you :grin:

Every day is one step closer to your recovery, keep up the healing [​IMG]
  15. Good news, well done! :grin:
  16. Good to hear from you Sophie :)

Don't get yourself disheartened. Your recovery will be a process, and you WILL get there.

While my knees didn't suffer as much damage as yours, I understand the uncertainty and frustration in learning how to bend/use your knees properly - electronic pulses pumped through your leg..always fun...not :cry:

Just always think about how far you've come already in what has really been a short amount of time. You've got the determination to get to where you want to be, just don't get disappointed in yourself because you're not there YET.

Keep Smiling lovely lady :grin:
  17. Even though we've never met Sophie, just letting you know there's another soul in your corner sending you get well vibes.

Great to see you posting.

Love light and support :)

18. g'day sophie.

i would rather have my knee cut off than not have it bend enough for a bike.

that bending thing wouldnt work with me cause i dont have a foot and you need a foot for it. you will see what i mean.

i hope it works.

stump it up! :cool:
  19. Blackmarton hasn't forgotten, just suffering post recovery traumatic stress!

seriously though, I will be back on the forum soon with some unfinished posts