Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kittiminx gets out of the big house at last!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by kittiminx, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Huge progress to report, most importantly i'm OUT of hospital!

The knee mobilization operation went really really well, i can now bend my left knee over 110degs :woot: , it looks and feels nearly normal, apart from being a bit stiff in the mornings and giving me a bit of grief now and then pain wise.
    So i'm now browsing the net for my future ride without having to worry about getting foot to gears, just have to wait for the bones to heal!

All operations are done with, barring unforeseen complications with the bit of bone that's now floating inside the knee joint, and anyway would be in 6-12 months from now.

I'll be doing further rehab at the epworth as an out patient 3 days per week, pool and physio for a couple of hours. Once i get driving clearance, i'm hoping to get some coffee nights, if the cold hasn't scared everyone off!

Thanks to everyone who visited, i'm really indebted to you all, and a big thanks for everyone's encouraging posts, I haven't been up for posting much myself with the arms out of action but it's been great to read the forums and keep up with the news.

see you at a coffee night some time soon!!
    :grin:

2. Tis good to see you've gotten out of hospital finally. :grin:
    Catch you at coffee some time

3. That's awesome news, Sophie. Congratulations :grin:

I'm sure there'll be plenty of Netriders that'll be willing to brave the cold to do drinkies with you whenever you're ready :cool:

4. well done!!

5. Great news! Just keep the physio up and keep moving, it really helps teh tendons etc get back to how they should be.

Regards, Andrew.

6. that's excellent news sophie, well done :) look forward to seeing you at a coffee night soon.

7. That's fantastic news Sophie! Well done :)

8. hmm and also seen the lighter side, that is the unique support network that netrider can be. Congrats and get back on ya bike! :grin: :grin:

9. congrat thats a masive step... see you at a coffee night soon

10. thats brilliant kittiminx, all the best with further recovery and the search for a new ride when the time comes :grin:

11. Great news, Sophie. I won't recognise you without all the external brackets :LOL: !!!

12. Excellent news Sophie!!
    Take it easy
    Cheers Paul

13. Awesome news Sophie. :cool:

Keep up that fantastic recovery rate and you will be back on two wheels before you know it :grin:

14. You go grrrl!!! :grin:

Hugs, Scheff :biker:

15. I'm new to netrider and i do not know you kittiminx or what happened, but good on you for being able to get out of Hospital \:D/ heres wishing you a speedy recovery

16. Damn Girl!!!!

Great news!!!!!!
    See you at coffee soon :D

17. out

Great news

18. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

No need to say more....

19. Well done Sophie, onward & upwward!

20. Congratulations.