Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by incitatus, Jan 4, 2006.

1. I don't know why I am posting this here, nobody here knew my eighteen year old niece Kim, but if this gets through to just one person her life might not have been in vain. I knew Kim from a baby, I held her in my arms the day after her birth, and she grew up with my sons. She was a beautiful, bright happy young girl with her whole life ahead of her. She had saved all year to able to go to England at Xmas to be with a young man she had met while he was backpacking over here.

On New Years Eve Kim went to a dance party in London to see in the New Year. Sometime that evening she took a single tablet of 'E'. Later in the evening she collapsed and was taken to hospital, before midnight she was dead. I am devastated, to die so young is a tragedy, and to do so totally unnecessarily is just a terrible indescribable waste of life. Her parents now face reclaiming the body of their daughter from the other side of the world, and going on living in a world that has lost all meaning.

To be young is a wonderful thing, to have your whole life ahead of you, to face the limitless possibilities it offers, unfettered by the responsibilities later life will bring. The freedom of youth leads the young think they are invincible. They are not.
  2. Sorry to hear it Inci
    My sincerest condolences to you and your family.
    This sort of thing should not happen to anyone.
  3. Condolences :(
  4. Condolences to you and your family Inci.

Terrible thing when this happens. Why it happens i'll never understand though.

Sympathies for the family.
  5. That's awful Inci, condolences to you and your family.
  6. Thoughts go out to you and your family inci.
  7. Terrible news Inci :( such a tradgedy.
    Condolences to you and your family.
    Our thoughts are with you.
  8. Extremely saddening news,
    my condolences to you and your family.

Many regards Paul
  9. Condolances.
  10. Hi Inci.

I sent you a PM. But, to answer your question as to "why am I posting this"..... Because you care, because you are sad, because you are angry.....

This is an unfortunate time for any person that loves life..... Many many feelings go through us that we not only do not understand but resent.

I hope the sadness does not burden you too heavily.
  11. Condolences to you and your family for this terrible loss.
  12. such a needless waste

13. The early passing of someone so young is a terrible thing, to have it compounded by distance, the time of year and the complete needlessness of its manner would be utterly heartbreaking. My heartfelt sympathy for you, your family and her loved ones.

14. I very sad to hear this news. Condolances to you and your family.
  15. Such senseless waste of life. I guess the question lies in the person supplying and manufacturing the E. They have murder on their hands. Young people are naturally curious and will try things. Its these people who prey on this and their vulnerability that should be delt with the most.
  16. :( :( :(

no words Inci just

:( :( :(
  17. condolences. a very very unfortynate thing to happen on NYE and the distance just makes it worse. yet another reason why i avoid those sorts of things at all costs. :cry:
  18. Condolences to her family and friends, a tradgedy :(
  19. How awful! For those of us who've never experienced such a loss there is no way to identify with how you feel.

My sincere condolences to your grieving family...
  20. That really is sad news.