Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kill switch users

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by 1000RR, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just curious , why do a lot of people hit their kill switch when they pull up after a ride ? I see it all the time , they pull up, hit the switch and then dismount and get half way through a Winnie Blue before turning the key off. Meanwhile the headlight has been blazing and usually the indicator too ! I've never ever touched the thing on all my bikes (apart from dirt bikes with no key).

Bad habit ? , stooopidity ? Or have shares in battery company ?

2. It may have something to do with how they teach you to use it on the rider training courses (Pre Ls).

3. Well it's just sort of there, isn't it? Right by your thumb.

4. I've always used the kill switch on the sidestand - least that way I always know it's still working. As for the few minutes the headlight is on - well if that's enough to drain the battery then you've probably got some problems with the electrics (or you own a Honda :p).

5.  Top
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.