Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kids or Bikes? Im leaning towards a new bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by imajo, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Mrs imajo wont let me buy a new bike!!! "why do you need another bike? Whats wrong with the one you have? I didnt pay attention after something about having babies.... go figure bike or a kid/s (her mums a twin and so's my dad) doesnt look good!!!!" then it just sounded like blarrr blarr blarrrrr.

My brother has just recently had twins so i seriously hope we dont have twins because the bike may have to go, find out in a few more months.

So i guess this will be me in a few years time:

2. New bike first.. Then you can still have kids when the dust settles.. :LOL:
  3. Best is to compromise. If you have a twin give one away and you can still keep the bike!
  4. That's the time you should be paying most attention .. otherwise in a few months time she'll be "Honey! I'm pregnant" and whilst your saying WTF?? she's saying "remember we discussed it a couple of months back and you said OK" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  5. have both , thats what ill be doing
  6. I hope to in a few years, after the mortgage we might be getting next year is lowered a little.
  7. Gratz... fatherhood is the best thing that has evr happend to me in my life... LOL the little one now HAS to test ride every bike in the garage!!
  8. good luck sonja , looking to buy a house , pick a house and bargin , cause they end up selling as they need to go quick
  9. With twins comes baby bonus of $8,000 which will come handy as a deposit for a new bike.
  10. i'm with Ed,

twins a deposit, have quads and a new Blade!!!!!! :grin: :grin:

11. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
    I love hearing stuff like this from guys. I'm so used to hearing how much guys hate the idea being of tied down by a wife and kids, that reading comments like this is reassuring.

So happy you're enjoying fatherhood. And hey, Father's Day is coming up! Does that mean a new accessory or part for your bike(s)? :wink:
  12. I suggest buying a twin, and calling it the new baby.
  13. 24 and thinking about kids, sheesh! Ah well, 'tis different for everyone I guess. I'm keen to get some good travelling in before I hit Kid Street, but that's just me!
  14. As soon as you find out the Mrs. is pregnant, any thoughts about buying a new bike fly straight out the window. So buy the bike first. :grin:

I was toying with the idea of upgrading the Spacy, but as soon as I found out Mrs. Tone was up the duff, I figured it's probably a good idea if I set aside the money I was going to spend on a new bike/scoot (hadn't made up my mind which yet) and save it for when Junior comes along.

Oddly enough, I'm quite happy with this arrangement.
  15. Thanks. Interest rates are looking at rising again, which is going to make life difficult, but hopefully we can do it.

And van, I've been thinking about kids for months, and I'm only 21. :p
  16. :LOL: classic

I always thought twins skipped a generation - but they may depend whether they're identical ..... :)
  17. yup. i likethe current line of thinking

"honey, if you get twins i get a twin, it's only fair"
  18. if both parents have the gene though you end up with a 50% chance or greater.

the skipping a generation is actually general randomness about dna lining up..... was all explained to me by a genetisist once....
  19. I concur! :grin:

My Son is the best thing in my life,(along side my wife :) ) and I wouldn't think about choosing between a bike and a baby ever.

Apart from that, babies are NOT expensive! It's a myth. Relatives and friends buy all the clothes for the first 3-4yrs when it's born, Inlaws tend to say, "we'll buy the cot" or "we'll buy the pram" etc, etc. And, you get $4k from little Johnny. They only start to cost money at about 3-4yrs when you start sending them to kinder, creche, daycare etc. That's what we found anyway, I guess everyone's situation is different.

Go the Kids! :wink: