Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

kids motocross?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by curiousbystander, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Hey everyone, my 5 year old son is crazy about motorbikes and im considering getting him one for his next birthday, id like to sign him up with a kids motocross club that could teach him how to ride. i dont know much about motorbikes so i have no idea where to start looking for the right size bike and motocross clubs in brisbane? could anyone give me any suggestions?

2. Motorcycling Australia is the governing body for competition www.ma.org.au so its a good place to start. Sorry I don't have anything more specific to Brisbane.
  3. thanks, trust me any suggestions are bound to help, this is definately not my zone.
  4. Or just check out a few bike mags for that type. They will have all sorts of adds/clubs for all ages.
    Good luck.
  5. unsure on the clubs but you would be mad to get anything other than a peewee50 as a starter bike.

at 5 you can start racing 50cc bikes i think (its been a while since i was racing one).

any good clubs will help out riders/families who are just getting into riding.