Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

kids gear when pillions

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by dane75, Jan 3, 2010.

1. I have a question for those of you who takes your kids out as pillions... what gear do you make them wear and where do you get it from?

I have taken one of my kids out for a very short trip with basically just a helmet and gloves.... but I don't like doing it, I would much rather have them kitted out with similar protective gear as I have ( I could never forgive myself if they came off and lost half their skin needlessly)

2. sweet thanks, I had never seen their site before. I was checking out bikers gear and a few others. boots still seem like a hard one... ladies sizes might do it though

3. Great site. Thanks. =D>

4. I got my 10year old gear from Peter Steven's in the city , ( the Harley and Triumph place around the corner from Elizabeth st ) helmet and jacket cheaper than any I could find

5. Here's how I kitted out my kids (9 and 10 years old):

Jackets: - $100 each (xs womens size), from Joes in Canberra

Pants: - $99 each from Kidbikers

Gloves: - $37 XS Dririder Gloves from Joes

Shoes: They both have work boots (not with the elastic sides) for the inlaws farm, we use those at the moment.

Helmet: M2R XS helmet. I really need to look into youth helmets as this is on the heavy side.

Rob