Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kids and ladies helmet help

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Bone, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Getting back into riding 2 up now my son is 8 and my wife is keen to join in the odd ride.
    I know my son can wear his dirt helmet but what other options are there for a kids size M lid?
    My wife also only wears a kids L dirt helmet and can't find a road lid light or small enough for her.
    Thoughts? I'm in Newcastle area but happy to shop in Sydney

2. There might be some useful information here http://www.kidbikers.com/
    The only XXS adult helmet I can find (for Australia) is BMW.
  3. Hjc make a youth sized helmet
  4. I have a similar problem with a small head. Even kids helmets are too big.

I have an RXT I got when I bought my bike, it was the only thing close to fitting and being comfortable (some Shark's fit but were very uncomfortable).

Since then, I've found Arai Vector 2, a couple of the plain colours come in XXS and this is the only helmet I've found that fits nice and snug and is comfortable.... unfort I can't justify the pricetag seeing as the RXT is doing the job for now. Also with Arai you can get thicker cheek pads so that might help too
  5. Thanks! Was very close to buying the first model Arai Vector for myself but grabbed a Kbc vr2r which I love.
    I will search for the hjc
  6. Peter Stevens has them, not sure if your in vic?
  7. Nsw, Newcastle area.
  8. I asked Sydney city motorcycles in Lane cove about kids helmets. Apparently they can get kids road helmets. My children are 8 and 10 and they said they can order them in for me. Hope this helps.
  9. Can you wait for an Aldi sale ? They often have kids helmets in June / July.
    We bought the last one we needed at AMX. M2R
  10. Thanks guys, have lined up a size test with the hjc and will check out the m2r.

Have to get myself a new lid too, the vr2r rubs on my jacket too badly (hump style jacket)