Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kidney Belts for long distance trips.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by p53, Jan 26, 2009.

1. I have heard that kidney belts can increase your comfort on long distance motorbike trips (roadtrips), I not quite sure how they help, I suppose them might stop the vibrations or keep your back straighter. Does anyone have any experience with them? And do you recommend them for long trips?

2. check out some of the better back protectors around the market.
    i have a dainese Wave v2 or something, cost me about $220, it keeps me warm when its cooler, it protects my back, and part of the straps include a kidney belt. its comfy as anything :grin:

3. Used to be quite a common thing back in the 80s. Gives you a little more support.

I assume these days bikes don't have quite the reach to the bars that they used to (think Katana).

Maybe it's just because men don't like to talk about their girdle.

4. +1. Back protector will do the same as a kidney belt, plus more.

5. You don't have the level of vibration these days which was a good reason for wearing a kidney belt. (Along with better suspension) :LOL: