Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by arashi, Oct 18, 2005.

1. could anyone tell me how to operate the kickstart on a honda scooter,i turn on the button,hold on to the breaks and slam the kickstart down..but it still doesnt work.what am i doing wrong??
    thanks for any replies

2. *Sniff Sniff* is that i troll i smell under the bridge?? The Scoopy is an electric start not a kick start.

Reel em in Boys
  3. A Scoopy - cool! For those not familiar with the Scoopy, it combines the best features of the Across, Moto Guzzi and SR500 (storage, linked brakes and a kick starter). Just be careful - 12:1 compression means a kickback could leave you needing an artificial hip. :)

Seriously - you shouldn't need to slam it down and I don't think that holding the brakes is necessary. I suspect that something else is wrong - was it running and just recently started to give trouble?
  4. Damn, I just replied without looking at the profile and assumed it was an old Express. :x I have to lean to look at these things of ask for more info to be spoon fed to me. :wink:
  5. Straight from the Honda Website:

Model Name:

Engine Type:
    49cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke OHC single-cylinder

Bore x Stroke:
    38.0 x 44.0

Compression Ratio:

Maximum Power:
    3.6 [4.9] / 8,000

Maximum Torque:
    4.5 [0.46] /7,000

Steel tube

Dimensions (mm):
    1695 x 625 x 1000

Wheel Base (mm):

Seat Height (mm):

Ground Clearance (mm):

Fuel Capacity (litres):
    5 litres

Front Tyre:
    90/90-10 50J

Rear Tyre:
    90/90-10 50J

Front Suspension:

Rear Suspension:
    Unit swing arm-type

Front Brakes:
    Mechanical with leading shoes

Rear Brakes:
    Mechanical with leading shoes

Dry Weight (kg):
    72 kg

$3,890 + ORC (includes GST)* Price Drop - $2,990+ ORC (includes GST)
  6. The stinging feeling in your mouth is your own hook - it has a kickstart backup

7. He's posted the same question in Tech & troble shooting. :-k

:idea: Where's Deyago? I'll get popcorn!
  8. Oh. :oops:
  9. Fair Enough!!! I'll eat my words. I'll leave this one up to the kick start and scooter experts. It's just the wording of the thread my knowledge/lack of the scoopy which gave me that suspicious feeling.
  10. Nah - no need to eat yer words. Blame Honda for misleading advertising :) I promise not to tell anyone if you don't. :wink:
  11. :p It's a done deal!
  12. He's now selling it.
    Why is this so worng?????????