Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kicking Myself.....Grrrrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by PatB, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Had my second ever filtering bingle this morning (first in 14 years).

Gap between lanes gets a bit squeezy, I nip between cars to get across to the left where there's a gap, misjudge it and clip the kerb with the front wheel and fall over at about 3 km/h.

The top box just scraped the rear quarter of a little Toyota hatch as the bike goes over.

There's no real damage. None to the bike, and a couple of black scuffs on the car that will probably polish out, but it was an embarrassing cock-up that shouldn't have happened.

And I think I've done my back righting the Blue Whale.

Still, the guy was pretty gentlemanly about it and, if there does turn out to be a repair involved, I'm fully comp insured so no sweat.

I'm just really, really pissed off with myself :evil: .
  2. Chin up.
    At least it's just skuffs and no breaks.
    Hope your back heals up
  3. Sorry to hear about that! At least the guy was decent about it!
  4. Aww, that sux PatB!

At least there was no real damage... :)
  5. When I first started riding, I filtered up the kerb-side of some traffic.

The front-wheel quickly let me know that the gutter concrete base was a different height to the tar on the road... and this was not the clever idea I had thought it was :eek:
  6. :oops:

Did you keep your helmet on? :LOL:
  7. Nah, it got far too hot in there for some reason :grin: .

Thanks people. I know it wasn't a big deal and could have been infinitely worse. I just tend to be really hard on myself for screw ups (which tends to ensure I don't do it again).

Over it now, and I think, if I watch my posture for the next couple of days, I'll avoid being temporarily crippled.
  8. ^^ go see a physio, theyre the bomb, well atelast for a few days, then your screwed again.
  9. I've had good luck with a Chiropractor for an old neck injury. I'm about due for another visit anyway so the timing might be fortuitous.
  10. Damn, that's some bad luck there mate.