Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

kia ora everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Sh_arky, May 20, 2013.

1. Hey hows it going?

Im new to netrider, but not to riding. Have been riding for about 8 years now.

If the title didnt give it away im originally from NZ, but have been in OZ for 11 years now.

I currently ride a 2000 CBR600f4, which i have just managed to get back on the road after a while in storage in which a rat decided to eat my wiring and make a nest in my helmet and gloves. needless to say i have just ordered a shiny new helmet and gloves will be following shortly :D .

Looking forward to chatting and hopefully riding with you at some stage.

2. Welcome Sh_arky, good spot Wallan I enjoy the Wallan Whittlesea rd and the run up through Broadford to Flowerdale. I won't make any jokes about rat bikes. ;)
  3. that is a great ride, i try to do it as a loop => Wallan, whittlesea, kinglake, flowerdale, broadford, wallan. makes for a nice couple of hours out of the house.
  4. The other one I found recently up your way is Glenburnie rd just a short one but some interesting little sweepers. :)
  5. will have to give that one a try. Another one i like, we found when we moved here from ballarat. we cut accross country from bacchus marsh through to gisbourne, riddles creek, romsey then in the back way to wallan. the last section mentioned (wallan - romsey) really nice riding, same with the road from bacchus marsh to gisbourne. really looking forward to getting out their and doing some more exploring. there is so much to be seen and experience out this way.
  6. Ah yes, I like that one, often my return from the GOR is either that or further west on the Blackwood Trentham road. Then across through Woodend and the Romsey to Wallan rd.