Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Keyless Fuel Caps - where to get em?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by pringa8, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Hey guys, having a hard time find these things on the net for a stockist in Australia? The fvckwits who flogged my bike fooked the fuel cap lock, so I'm looking at a replacement, like a Vortex cap or something similar.

Anyone know any stockists in Australia?? Been googling but only comes up with yank links even when searching in Australia only.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, wasnt sure.
  2. Thanks Eve, sorry I should have mentioned its for a VTR1000 Firestorm, Rated R was the only ones I could find but dont stock em for the storm.
  3. Have you tried asking a locksmith to see if they can change the pins to suit your key in a cap from another bike?
  4. Pro Tek caps HERE about half way down the page :wink:
  5. Unfortunately they've scratched the crap out of the whole cap so it needs replacing.

2Wheels, damn that's exactly what I'm after, but they're in the US! If I cant still find any I'll have to order it and wait.... :mad:
  6. completely illegal in every civilised jurisdiction.

And a crime against good taste in every other... :LOL: :p
  7. why would you want a keyless fuel cap? .. yes its easy access but i wouldnt want people to open your fuel tank and go ..Hmm fuel .. *syphon*
  8. nathan email rated r, he has stocked them previously, and i'm sure if you ask he would get one in, i'll have a look at my cap to see how easy it actually is to pull the bastard apart to rekey, and then if you can source a decently priced second hand complete cap i will rekey it for you mate
  9. deleted - posted to wrong thread :facepalm:
  10. That'd be awesome dude, i'll check with Joes and see if they have one available.
  11. if they don't check ozfirestorm, someone will more than likely have a tank with a lock they aren't using
  12. Vortex do list them as being available for the 98-02 VTR1000 with several choices in colours.

I have one on my own 08 1000RR.