Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Kevin Schwantz making a comeback!

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by hornet, May 1, 2013.

• Like Like x 1
  1. I would actually, hope the poor old bugger doesn't fall of, wouldn't bounce too well these days.
  2. Always one of my favourite gutsy riders. Would be great to be there and see him again.
  3. "back in my day" comes to mind....old buggers :p
  4. Hehe, the girls have a forum, maybe we could have an "old buggers" forum. ;)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. trouble is we'd forget where it is :ROFLMAO:
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Forget where what is?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Go number 34.

8. he was great to watch, wasn't he?
  9. Yeah and I used to smoke those when I was 18, wonder I'm still alive.
  10. He often used to win or crash trying if I remember correctly.
  11. Kevin, you shouldn't do it.
  12. People should take more risks as they get older rather than the other way round. Go Kevin! An inspiration to all old farts.
  13. As much as I hate to disagree with my good friend Rog, I believe Brmmm has a point. I'm sure many old racers hanker for the track still, and in Classics racing especially, they are still doing it. I want to keep riding until they drag me off the bike and chain it to floor.
    I DO agree there's an element of risk, especially at Suzuka, with hordes of banzai Japanese riders, but I'm sure Kevin's instincts are still sharp even though he's older now...
  14. Kevin retired 20 years ago. It is silly to put yourself out there now,
  15. Jeez has it really been 20 years, I remember then, that press conference he gave, so full of emotion & sincerity; saying "these Guy's are goin too fast for me now", & we all fought to hold back the tears. Different horses, different courses - go for it Kevin.
  16. He can do what he bloody well likes, mate. I couldn't really give a shit. I just think it is not necessarily a good decision.
  17. Welcome back MVrog.