Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

keep having dreams i drop my bike...

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by evelknievel75, Oct 11, 2009.

1. no seriously, the last 3 nights in a row i've dreamt i've dropped the bike at low speeds doing low speed turns driving/turning in dead end streets.

should i seek help from a motorcyclist related head shrinker or just go practice these turns in daylight? my partner keeps telling me i am talking in my sleep ( obviously after it has happened ) by saying, "christ, not again"...]

anyone else had motorcycle related dreams constantly? :cry:
  2. I used to have repetitive dreams about getting busted by the cops after doing an impulsive runner.

We're both nuts I think...
  3. Had a dream a few months ago that I crashed my cibby in the twisties not long after I got it, the impact hitting a tree after the slide woke me up. Just jolted me awake, it was freaky.
  4. :LOL: yes .. you should seek help
  5. The first time I dreamt that I was driving the car and the car rolled in a spectacular crash.

The next day a car pulled out on me and being a n00b in the wet I slammed on the brakes and went for my first slide. Weeeeee!

The second crash... nothing. I was just practicing some techniques in less than favourable conditions thinking that "i could crash". It was far from spectacular.

The third time, I had told myself to push it hard at the track and if i crashed i'd streetfighter my bike.

Well... I crashed, however the bike was repaired to factory spec not streetfightered.

This crash was spectacular! I remember checking out the girl on the flags and thinking "man i must look so cool rounding this corner looking like a pro"... then i crashed.

The moral of the story. Dreams have a 1 in 3 chance of predicting a crash (with a certain logical fallacy called ignoring the base rates) and women are EVIL witches!
  6. hmmm, motorcycle dreams for the last 3 nights eh?
    Did we watch the GP at the island on the weekend?:wink:
  7. That is very true!