Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC KDX250 SR - Keilor Park

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by frontrow, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Hi folks
    It beggars belief that anyone(s) could be enough of a thumbless inbred to steal a registered 1992 Kawasaki KDX250 SR variant!??! Apart from the usual dilly details re not being able to reg and ride it themselves, it and most of its parts can't even be used for / applied to VMX racing!

It took me a while to find what is likely one of the best, straightest and tightest KDX250SR in the country and I've been loving it for town commuting for nearly three years. It was stolen from Dad's place (bottom of a down-sloping driveway) last Thursday 12 December 2013, where I had it parked with steering locked. I'd never considered the prospect of there being such a tree shaking no-neck dumb enough to risk jail time for such an uncommon and likely unsaleable 20 year old trail bike!

I want this bike back more than my daughter wants a pony but I'm not overly optimistic. I would however like to put the word out there as much as possible. Have already spoken to wreckers across Melbourne.

The bike could not have been seen by someone driving past, so not opportunistic I feel. Likely planned and involving two or more people with a ute given that steer lock was on and it was not an especially easy bike to start from cold, plus the fuel would have been far from fresh. This would have meant at least a dozen good kicks by someone who knew their way around starting 2-strokes.

Thanks for turning your attention to this briefly guys.