Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawaski TS650 Jetski problem ... anyone familiar with them?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by VCM, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Cindy bought herself a 1990 Kawa 650 tandem jetski.
    We took it with us for a week on Lake Eildon over the holidays.
    Fantastic fun !!!, however it seems to have a problem after about an hours use.
    You'll come to a stop and the engine just shuts down dead. You go to start it .. fine, add some throttle .. dies. It almost feels like a HUGE vacuum leak.
    Checked the lines, manifold bolts etc looked ok.
    Began to think coil perhaps getting hot and shutting down, or even fuel vaporisation?? But it also did the same one morning on first start for the day. Then once running it's fine for about an hour.
    Damn stumped on this one, and being a 2-stroke, I know very little on them.

Can anyone shed some advice, or does anyone know of any common problems associated with these jetskis??? BOB??

Thanks in Advance guys!
  2. I had a sx650 kawi stand up ,but know bugger all about motors etc.

See OZPWC.COM.

There are dealer mechanics and small private jet ski shop owners and just every day guys and girls riders on the forum that can pull apart any ski blind folded and are more then happy to help you try to solve the problem.
  3. thx for the reply mate.
    I decided to remove card & fuel pump. The fuel pump is a vacuum pump using diaphrams to draw fuel from the tank into the carbs via 2 chambers.
    Found the diaphram on the vacuum side had a small tear in it. I'm guessing it opens up when hot and is unable to draw fuel.
    Luckily the parts were available at the small cost of an arm and a leg.