Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki zzr250 v's Honda VTR250

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by newrider, Jan 25, 2005.

1. I am about to get my licence and have been learning on a new Honda VTR250. I have had read nothing but good reviews about this bike. Wondering how it compares to Kawasaki ZZR250. Trying to decide which to buy new?? :D

2. The zzr has fairings the vtr doesnt...

The vtr is a v-twin the zzr is a parallel twin

Other than that they are pretty much the same...

Lisa :twisted:
  3. I wanted a VTR as my first bike...but the COST is what led me to chose the ZZR 250.. it might be different now, but My ZZR was around $3500 for the 96 model with 25, 000 km on it :)
  4. I also wanted a VTR after having ridden them at the MTA, cost was too prohibitive, even one that is two to three years old attracts a price of only $1-2K below new
  5. VTR 250

BEST BEGINNERS BIKE EVER, easy to ride and won't punninsh your mistakes
  6. Whoaaa talk about a blast from the past! Jan 2005

Your're right though the little VTR rocks!
  7. Re: VTR 250

:lastyear: x 4
  8. Plus one has 5 gears the other has 6.

Both, good bikes, just depends what you want.

Today it was hot and the air was dense and i was thinking i would prefer a little less wind protection and was thinking maybe i should have gotten a vtr.

On the other hand on a 5:30 morning start in the middle of winter, i was thinking "darn i'm glad i've got a bike with fairings", as they stream some of the air around your body and legs.

Riding long distances with mates its nice having some wind protection. my 2 cents.
  9. I just bought a VTR. At the time I was looking I was speaking to a guy who works in a bike shop who learnt to ride on a ZZR. He had since been on a VTR and said he wished he had gone for that as his first bike (for what its worth).

I haven't ridden a ZZR so can't comment. Can you or someone you know have a ride of both at some stage? Probably the best way to decide.

Best of luck.

10. i havnt ridden a vtr but did have a spada and the one thing i wanted was some form of screen as constant freeway speed wind isnt the most pleasent thing. And i am currently liiking at buying a gpx or zzr for pricesly that reason.
  11. Both are top bikes although you cant get a new ZZR.
    I recommend you get a good used one and spend the rest of your cash on good gear, insurance and instruction.

Plenty of time to buy a new bike when you get some experience :wink:
  12. from 05? :shock:

Got a feeling no matter which he chose, newrider has prolly moved on to bigger and better things :p