Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki ZZR 250 help

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Raiz, Jul 13, 2005.

1. >Hi, i just bought a 2nd hand ZZR 250 about 3 months ago.My problem is last week the battery went dead.I changed a new battery and it works fine for about 3 days.then the new battery died.it seems like the bike doesnt charged the battery.is it possible?or is it something else?Pls help me, thx.

2. It sounds as if you have faulty wiring or your alternator is stuffed. If the wiring was corroded and broken that lead from the alternator to the battery it could be stuffed.

If it is your alternator (which it sounds like) then a new battery would die after a few days like you said. Your prolly best to get it checked out by an auto electrician/mechanic.

Cheers,
    Josh

3. yep does sound like the alternator

4. also jusut try screwing all the connectors to it properly, after taking my gf's car to get a radiator replaced, driving back to her house turning up a busy hill (dorest road) the car just stopped, turned out alternator was fine but it wasnt connected properly so it wasnt charging the battery.

(bloody mechanics, nevermind we could of been seriously injured!)

5. all of above.

Charge your battery.

Start bike

After a minute put a multimeter across the battery terminals and rev the bike.

it should read above 14V. If not charge is not reaching the battery. So look for poor connection then alternator problems