Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki ZZ-R600

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Mcsenna, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Anyone had any experiences with these ? Can pick one up for a couple of grand in pretty good nick.

2. Hi McsennaMcsenna, I've not owned one, but ridden a few of these and quite like them
    They are more sports tourer than sports, being relatively big and heavy for a 600, but make decent power for when they were made.
    Brakes were good, suspension average for enthusiastic use, and quite comfortable for longer rides.
    I've seen a few high km ones still good to ride when looked after.
  3. Cheers, yeah suspension can be a bit spongey.
  4. Yep, owned a '93 model. They are quite robust and reliable. As mentioned, their more sports tourer than sports, but very capable bikes.

Strong engines (mine was still going strong when I sold it with over 80,000k's, I wish i'd kept it). They came out with close to 100hp, which is still good hp for the road, even these days.

Some have 2nd gear issues, so pay attention to the gear box when test riding. Brakes are okay. Suspension is on the soft side. Lowish seat by todays standards 780mm, but comfortable ergonomics overall, although I know this is subjective. 6,000k service intervals with valve clearances done every 24,000k.

I don't think you'd be disappointed in one, they are very good, underrated bikes.

If you get one and hang onto it, I would add braided brake lines and suspension set up for your weight.