Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki ZXR250 brake pads

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by d e d, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Hi NR's,
    Looking for anyone who has, has owned or knows about the ZXR250's to see where people buy their brake pads (and possibly braided brake lines).

I think it's time to change the front pads and want to go for SBS Sintered pads, but cannot find anywhere in Australia to buy them.

Has anyone also successfully changed to braided brake lines on a ZXr250 and what brand did you use?

2. For the lines go look up HEL, if they don't have the specific model then you can buy custom length lines (or contract them directly and they can help you).
  3. I typed " zxr250 brake" into eBay and got hundreds of items
  4. Are sinitered pads really worth the 4 times the price for a little 250 ?
  5. As Darren said.

There a nice difference between the 2 types, not a fan of organic feel up front of the ones in there before.
  6. Hi, is there a way to get the bolts off? I am almost jumping on my allen keys and it still wont budge. Got in three days of pb blaster and as many days of increasing
  7. Lefty Lucy...

Hit it with a hammer. Then put some backbone into it.
  8. Impact driver with a good quality hex bit of the correct size, combined with a bit of heat applied to the bolt should budge them. Possibly sealed in with Loctite which the heat will soften.
  9. thanks all! got them done. just noticed my previous post was cut off at the bottom.
  10. future notice - i use old mate....give him a call - he'll find out what part number you'll need pads wise over the phone and send em off asap - as you can see he also supplies braided lines.