Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki ZR250 Balius

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by dustfp, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Having just received my bike Ls, I'm looking for my first bike, and have come across this Kawasaki which looks great and the price is right.
    As far as I can tell, this is a rare bike. My question is, will it be a pain sourcing parts (time, effort and/or money-wise)?

PS: First post, hi.

2. it's a grey import (means they were never officially sold here as a new model, they were brought here to "dispose" of old iron, due to laws restricting use of higher km machinery in japan)
    yes parts will be hard to find, and yes you will have to mortgage your house and sell your children to slavery if you ever actually find the parts you need
  3. I've read elsewhere that the post-97 models (Balius II) were officially sold in Aus...
  4. could have been, honestly i never looked too deep into the topic as i never owned one to need to know
  5. They're tough bikes, i have a 91 and its easy getting most of the parts you'll ever need.