Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki z250sl luggage options

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by nrider01, Sep 27, 2016.

1. I'm wondering if I can realistically use panniers for my Kawasaki z250sl. It's a compact bike so I'm concerned by not being able to attach pannier frame, the bags may touch the wheel if they have a bit of weight. I'm currently using a tail bag which is great but I'm looking for more storage for longer trips. Any ideas out there?

2. Yoy could try a set of these

Oxford First Time Panniers

I used them on my MT07 for a 12 day trip. They don't require any frame etc. Simply strapping across (over and under) the pillion seat.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks damedi. They seem to sit up quite high which is good.
  4. #4 Bee, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Yes you can, i have the Z300 which is just a smidge bigger. I have this sw motech set for mine for the big touring ride ( just under $600 for the set and frames but someone has posted a cheaper alternative by oxford somewhere on the forum ) alternatively i have the Kriega 20L / 10L tail bags for the shorter/overnighter trips .

This is pic of my sw motech panniers set :)