Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki Z1400 (naked ZX-14)

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by jd, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Seems to be a few rumours floating around the 'net that Kawasaki is planning on producing a naked version of the new ZX-14 to be sold alongside the Z750/1000 line-up. Only pic I've managed to track down so far was from the cover of a Japanese mag - must say I like it a lot more than the faired version.
    Edit: Found a better pic :).

2. ditch those ugly sidee bits and you've got a winner :grin:

kwak do need a decent big bore naked too, the old ZRX is looking a little TOO retro, the GSX1400/XJR1300/CB1300 are all looking a SHITLOAD better than it. but a nice big version of the Z would definately throw something new into the class :twisted:

wheres my local tatts outlet again? :LOL:
  3. Holy Sh!t!!!!!! :shock: :twisted:
    That thing would be insane!!!
    Can't wait to see one of those in the flesh. :cool:
  4. The side bits are okay - a bit Benelli TnT'ish but they look fine to me.

That thing would be an absolute weapon. I hope they build it.
  5. A bit of Benelli, yes - but closer to home, this is also the look they used in their own ER6n! I think the whole thing looks pretty good; a fair bit of the Z1000/750, I just hope they kept the nice analogue instrument cluster from the ZX-14 rather than that awful LCD display thing on Z1000 and Z750, which alone almost makes me cross Z750 out from my would-be purchase list!
  6. Definately got that B-King feel to it as well, that bulldoggy, squat sort of look.

Looks a bit bulky and heavy for my taste, but the throttle would certainly grab your attention.

I'd search the cover of that mag for the name "Jean-Marie Guerin" though, because anything that bloke photochops up is guaranteed never to come into existence - or if it does, it goes through a crapifier first.
  7. that would be one awesome bike.. I like very much.. :twisted: