Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 - 900

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Funkmonkey, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Morning all,

So does anyone here have a bit of experience with the Vulcan series of bikes, mainly the smaller ones. They look pretty good but havent really found too many reviews that go into much details about living with them.

Are they a decent bike to ride? Are they maintenance intensive/difficult? Is it the sort of bike you could make a project out of rebuilding? Are there plenty of bits available?

There seem to be a few 900s around from $4000 upwards, but im more of a sportsbike guy, so if i was to buy a full bike, id like to be looking that way, but while im still restricted anyway, had the idea that a decent sized cruiser project ready to go when my restrictions ended might be an idea.

Thoughts? Flames?
  2. A work colleague rides a VN900 - He's had it for ~6 years and has owned it from new. No problems to speak of with over 60K+ kms on the ODO.

He loved it unconditionally until he bought his 2012 VFR800.

No he only rides the Vulcan when he needs to pillion his Missus.

Not sure if this is the sort of info you're looking for?
    I've never ridden either bike.
  3. Its certainly a good couple of thumbs up to the model.
  4. Doing up a Japanese cruiser is a waste if money IMO, you will never get it back. If you love them and want to ride them they are fun in a slow way.
  5. Hi all, I have a 1986 Kawasaki VN750 just turned 30 years old today, she's a wonderful ride good on fuel and i've owned her for 5 years now, only 54,000kms
    • Informative Informative x 1