Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki Versys, faggot of good intentions

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by RacingTurtles, Oct 5, 2006.

1. I am very interested in the upcoming Kawasaki Versys, so when I found there was a review published about it already, I really wanted to read it. Unfortunately for the reasons best known to themselves, the authors chose to write it in an obscure foreign language, namely French. But not to worry - Google knows all, right? Well, I put their page through Google translator. The results were fascinating to say the least. It certainly made for a challenging read, varying from utterly obscure ("Useless, these outgrowths will be able to even upset of them some which thought of having to make with “strapping man”… More moderate report about the shoe which, if it protects the pots by no means, equips the beautiful one rather well.") to downright poetic ("On dusty road and in mode “attacks”, the aft wheel has even an annoying tendency to sweep the track… forgiveness, the road!")

And in conclusion:

"With final, Kawa delivers a particularly charming motor bike and faggot of good intentions to us, without however reaching the absolute versatility. If its engine and its part cycle in make a formidable weapon downtown and on the district distributors, Versys still misses protection and of comfort at high speed, as well as few horses - yes, nevertheless!
    Without fault is thus not for today… One, but can one approaches some only reach it? The debate is open… "

The debate is open, indeed. I *think* they liked it? But what is a 'faggot of good intentions', and is that a good thing? ;) The main thing I learned is that human translators don't have to worry just yet - their jobs remain secure... Oh yeah, and some good pictures. If, like me, you are interested in this bike, the article is worth having a look for the sake of the pictures. That headlight is, uh, different... but I think I could live with it easier than the one currently found on ER6n.
    And one bit of clear information was the bike will be available for sale in France as soon as next month! What about Australia, I wonder...

2. [img:540:683:1c0230894d]http://www.usdreams.com/photos%20achievers/SimmonsRP44KS.jpg[/img:1c0230894d]
    Hahaha sorry, couldn't help it!

3. ...and a rather glowing review from Kevin Ash at the Telegraph, in English this time :) Damn, this sounds like a perfect bike for me, it ticks almost all the right boxes on my list. When is Kawasaki going to bring it here? Was there any mention at all at the expo?

4. :rofl:

Just saw this. Love your work! :LOL:

5. Well... A "faggot" is litterally a bundle of sticks. Perhaps the French word was supposed to translate to "bundle," as in "bundle of good intentions."

6. Also used to mean a sausage :grin:

7. *sorry timeout and triple post

8. quad postaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

9. removalage... 1 out of 4 is all it needs
    patience my sons, patience

10. in rough (SUMMARISED!), translation of that french:

Paris - 3/10/2006.
    Unveiled last month, July, new Kawasaki Versys exposed an ambitious concept that all builders daydream of putting on the market: the extremist-polyvalent bike, able to venture with brilliance into the daily traffic jams and to escape during the weekend - indeed more if affinities ?? - on the roads and expressways of our vast country.

All the while preserving the gas of his easy roadster, (something) and sportsbike, the Japanese firm has therefore created an all new machine, which is named "machines". KLE 650 proves well his membership to the road trails "good for everything"!

Wouldn't this be, aesthetically, the Versys innovates and avoids being passed off for a simple sister of the ER-6n and ER-6f: the pitchfork head notably, equipped with a new pad (dashlights?) view, distinguishes it as the new Cup of coffee of all other production. (UM in english it might be the best thing since sliced bread, hey, frenchies would get weirded out translating that yeah?)