Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki Versys 650L ABS LAMS current model $5K extras $8,500

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by Voz, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Voz, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
    8/4/13 - SOLD

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650L ABS LAMS - current model with ~ $5K in extras.

Can be de-restricted in 1 min by anyone for full power.

Kawasaki Versys 650L ABS 01.

This has been my bike the the past year and it has been fantastic. Handles great, power is excellent.

Corners like it is on rails and deals with road undulations to give a safe, smooth ride. I have used it to commute into the CBD and burbs of Sydney and do the odd weekend run.

The bike only has 4,900 klm and has 12-13 months of factory warranty remaining. Purchased new from Bikebiz Parramatta in May 2012.

Kawasaki Versys 650L ABS 02.

I have spent thousands adding on the mods that I wanted. If you buy this bike you will not have to buy a single thing other than your riding gear.

I have never had an accident however the bike has been on its side twice, tipped over at standstill, no damage, crash bars protected.

Kawasaki Versys 650L ABS 03.

A brand new Versys 650L stock with no extras are selling for about $9500, I will sell this bike as is with all the parts listed for $8500.

Rego runs out 17 May 13. Located in Enmore (5 klm from Sydney CBD), can be viewed in the city by arrangement. Peter 0406-181000

Kawasaki Versys 650L ABS 03B.

Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust $700 (factory exhaust also included)
    SW Motec Crash Bars $300
    SW Motec Rear Pannier Racks $359 (simple removal/re-attach)
    SW Motec Rear ALU Rack $350
    SW Motech Engine Bash/Slide Plate $250
    SW Motec 12V Tankbag Ring (fits around petrol cap) $180
    SW Motec Handlebar Riser (20 mm) $80
    Stebel Nautilus Air Horn (Very Loud) $120
    Radguard Radiator Guard $170
    Barkbuster STORM Hand Guards $180
    Givi V35 Pannier Cases (35L each) $700
    Givi D410ST Touring Screen $150
    Wireless Tyre Pressure Montors with Wireless Senders and LCD Screen/Alarm $265
    Tank Protector $20
    Heated Grips $150
    Motodry rear seat bag 15-20 Litres $90
    GI Pro Electronic Gear Indicator $180
    Rear Spools $30
    Michellin Pilot Road 3 (4500 klm) $450

That is nearly $5000 worth of extras! Not shown in photo Givi V35 Panniers, Barkbusters, Motodry bag.

Kawasaki Versys 650L ABS 04.

I also have a lot of other spares that I purchased over the year including wheels, brake discs, and entire ABS braking system, spare seat and a power regulator. Also have the original tyres with 350 klm on them. The parts are available for an additional $650.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wow! That's a whole lotta bike for the money.

Good luck with the sale.

Curious as to why you have a spare ABS system. The bike already has ABS, yes?

3. In my year of ownership I kept an eye on eBay & Gumtree and found a few wrecked Versys and just kind of acquired parts along the way. I really only wanted the discs but it was only $50 extra for the entire ABS system.

4. Bike was sold today.

Could have sold it a few times over.

This was a genuine bargain I guess, thanks for all enquiries.

Now just have to wait for my full license in mid May to pickup my new 2013 BMW R1200GS! WooHoo!

5. I can't believe it took a whole week to sell at that money

6. I did not want to piss around so set a price that I believed it would sell quickly for. I have read so many stories about bikes taking a long time to sell and we are coming into colder weather.

The dealer trade on a new $28K BMW was about $6500 so that was my benchmark. I could have asked more but I would probably still have it after a month and would have had to waste a lot of time and risk test rider damage/theft, etc. I also wanted to sell it before my new bike arrives in May.

I am buying new again and will likely sell in 18-24 mths so will drop another $hitload of money on the next one, such is life.

7. Hit me up in 18 months time then - i fancy a Beemer ;)

8. Haha, unfortunately u will have to join the queue.

The guy I sit next to at work has a 2012 BMW 1200 GS and he is telling me what options to put on so it is setup for him when I sell it next year, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.