Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki service in Adelaide

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Bolshie, Sep 25, 2006.

1. I bought an '88 ZX-10 recently. The bike was immaculate and went well but the starter chain tensioner failed after a few weeks (happens). This is my first Kawasaki (Hondas for the past 20 years) and I love it, so I contacted Bolton's (the only Kwak dealer in town) only to be told that they won't service anything earlier than 1990 because they're too much trouble. I'm having a bit of trouble coming to grips with this attitude from a dealership of Bolton's reputation (which I don't dispute). I would have thought that a Kawasaki dealer would not routinely restrict service access to owners of the marque covered by its franchise, especially when they are the only franchisee in town.
    I took the bike to Bill's (who used to be a Kawasaki dealer) in the end (in fact they picked it up for me) and they have no trouble with the age of the bike.
    Am I being precious about this? My attitude is that If I'm prepared to pay for the the repair it's reasonable for a Kawasaki dealer to be prepared to repair a Kawasaki regardless of its age, especially given the overall condition of my bike.

Any thoughts?

2. Sounds like boltons have too much money :shock: and too much attitude :grin: And thats what you get for living in adelaide :p
  3. This is actually a quite common attitude. It's one of the downfalls of owning an older japanese bike.

The only thing one can really do is take the bike somewhere else, as you did.
  4. Fair points, but the bike has only done 60k (its overall condition supports this) so perhaps a blanket ban should be based more on mileage than age? Waddya think?

Also, there are lots worse places to live than Adelaide as (no doubt) there are better. We got hills and twisties like you wouldn't believe! :)

Thanks for the feedback.