Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki or Yamaha?? That is the Question!!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by sensaik, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I have always owned Kawasaki's. I owned a KLR250 as my first bike which I rode for quite a few years until I upgraded to a KLX300. I have enjoyed the KLX for the last 4 years. I have recently begun pushing the bike to the limits, particulary with the suspension (which is stock). Serious jumping has become part of my riding ability as well as the need for more speed.

I have a mate who is similar in riding ability and he has a WR250 and I can keep up with him on the KLX with out too much problem (he has a little more get up out of corners), however I have recently come across a good deal on a WR426 which I am finding to walk past.

I am early 30's and weigh around 85kgs.

Any advice would be appreciated. This bike is a 2002 model with low KM's.

3. My mate had a yz426, not sure if the engine is far different to that n the wr, but it was an animal.

The bike was no good for me, it just wanted to either wheelspin or stall it seemed sometimes (pig to kickstart all the time!), a massively peaky engine for a 4-stroke dirtbike.

I can't be 100% sure, but I think the engine in the replacement for that bike (wr450) was less peaky and was tuned for more torque throughout the range. Much better bike apparently. Take the 426 for a test ride before buying.

Good luck with taming it if you do decide to buy!
  4. a ride will definately be the order of the day. I am sure that it will take some time to tame but that can be fun at the same time :)