Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

kawasaki or honda

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by SKOOKY, Oct 20, 2008.

1. hi all whats the better bike 2009 kawasaki 250r or 95/00 honda rvf400 i dont know what 1 to go 4 i got about 10g's saved need something thats going to last me 5 to 10 years any addvice would b very helpfull i will b riding every day 1 hour to and from work and the rest i like big rids on the weekend when my luvly wife lets me out.

2. RVF if you want a sports bike.

do you know someone who is selling a RVF?
  3. rvf

sports all the way. so its a better buy even thow its a older bike
  4. while the RVF is for sure the sportier option dont dismiss the new bike wit ha warranty and no history.
  5. Hey Skooky,

Maybe do a bit of a search for "Sumoto" both here and on other local forums before taking your hard-earned their way. I'm not speaking from experience, but I've hard LOTS of very, very nasty stories...
  6. The RVF is the better bike.

But it's much older - you'll spend $10k on it and gear, for a decent one.

Buy something cheap to learn on, then get a proper bike once you have your full license. Let THAT one last 5-10 years.
  7. thanks doug ill take ccaer
  8. Oh and dude, this isn't a mobile phone so lets just type the words out hey.

SMS speak on a forum is not only ugly but annoying to read.
  9. this is my 2nd bike i cheaped out and went 4 a 89 cbr250r and its on its way out been riding for about 4 years now
  10. Not to mention general discussion dumping. Moved topic to corrent forum :wink:
  11. sorry mate will keep it in mind thanks
  12. If you have been riding for 4 years, why then are you looking at learner legal bikes for your 2nd bike purchase??
  13. not in to any thing to big may look at a 600 but thats as big as i will go
    been riding for 4 years but only 2 of them are leagal so im trying to be a good boy
  14. There are plenty of usable late 600's out there for well under 10k.
    They are a much better long term ride than an already aged 400.
  15. ihave been looking at some but i realy want to go for a sports bike thats why the honda rvf400 is my top pick at the moment
  16. Newsflash! 600 sports bikes are a dime a dozen. What makes you think sports bikes dont come as 600's?
  17. Try the Ukrainian motorcycle forum.
  18. i know that ther are a lot of 600 sports bikes but like i sead im realy trying to be a good boy and im still on my p
  19. It would have been handy if you mentioned you're still on P's in the OP.
    Is the Honda on the LAMS list?
  20. yes it is