Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki Nomad

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Sunflowergirl, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Hi I am considering purchasing a Nomad which has over 75,000 on the dial. I want to hear your opinion : is the mileage too high? What things should I be looking at? I look forward to your opinions and comments. Many thanks.

2. Hi Sunflowergirl, and welcome

My first reaction is that a 1600 cruiser motor with 75,000 km on it is barely run and in and should run for years and years.

But I'll tell you what I tell everyone - get a machanic's check that includes a compression check before putting your money down. It'll tell you if you're up for a couple of grand soon, or if the engine is in good nick.

Have fun!
  3. Get the oil pump checked out, there is a known fault with the pump design where they fail catastrophically. There is evidently a kit/fix available.
  4. Nomad

Thanks people, keep the comments coming. All greatly received. I'm hearing you.