Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki Ninja 650L Fairing Damage

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Donut2030, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Hey guys Recently bought a ninja 650l from a dealer in Melbourne upon arriving to pick up the bike find that the right hand side has a fair few deep scratches. (can run my finger nail over them and it gets caught)

Anyways went off at the dealer but ended up taking the bike because the finance had already gone though seemed to much of a hassle. even though no damage was advertised on the bike i am however considering legal action.

Getting back on topic i was quoted 400 dollars for a replacement faring which i cannot justify spending for a few scratches. Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of the lighter scratches maybe some sort of wax/polish etc... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

also there is no way i am covering the scratches with a sticker there is no way my ocd will allow me to put one on there haha.

The bike is a 2015 kawasaki ninja 650(lams) candy lime green
    scratches on the green plastic near where the blinker is
  2. No amount of polish will remove scratches that you can feel with the nails. The paint isn't that thick.
    I assume you had the bike delivered sight unseen?
    If you asked the dealer the question about any obvious damage and they said there isn't any, then the dealer lied or the delivery person has perhaps scratched it..

I would seek recompense from the dealer but by accepting the bike you made the job of recovery that much harder for yourself.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Talk to the dealer, I hope you reported this damage straight up and had it listed on the delivery report.
    You may be able to polish back some of the lighter scratches however the big ones will need the fairing to be resprayed/replaced