Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki Ninja 250r size

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by BRNS, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Hey Riders,
    I was at my local kawi dealer the other day and had a look at the 2012 ninja 250r (im the market for one). I've riden a 09 model last year but when i hopped on the 2012 model, it seemed larger in size? is this me or did anyone else realise this, but great looking bike cant wait to get mine.
    btw going for my rider training course next week monday, wish me luck :p

2. Good luck on your course.

Also, as far as I know the ninja didn't have any major changes since 2008.

Maybe whoever had the 09 had some mods on it or something to make it feel different.
  3. Pre-load adjusted on the rear suspension?
    When I bought my 2010 model, second hand a couple of months ago it was on the lowest setting.
    After reading the owners manual, looks like that's suitable for ~65kg... I'm almost 6'2" and my right leg weighs more than that...
    I've clicked it up to the top setting, 5th from memory, and it raised the seat height by roughly a couple of cm, but you can definitely feel the difference.
  4. I dont actaully know, but i highly doubt there was any significant change that would cause it to feel like that. Like others have replied, most probably suspension set up or such
  5. my mate who owned the bike stopped by today and told me he had 150' rear tires, thats made the bike look bigger :p thanks for your replies guys
    stay safe this easter