Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Pjcliffo, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Took a 2014 and 2015 for test rides. Loved the look of the red 2015. Looking for a sports tourer. Overall a good allrounder but a couple of problems stopped me.
    Loved the adjustable screen but noise and buffeting at cruising speed way too much.
    Also the bike vibrates a lot. Over 7000 rpm the tingles are particularly uncomfortable.
    Finally the rear brake was very weak. Loved everything else especially the quick detach panniers and the looks but the first two problems were a deal breaker for me!

2. Interesting about the noise and vibrations - what tyres were they running on them?
    Did you test ride the ZX14R by any chance? :)

3. Zx14r no as I'm after fairly upright, light, sporty tourer. Tyres were whatever comes standard. Vibrations were up thru the seat from the engine I think.

4. Yeah the red 1000 is nice isn't it...what about the 2015 Versys 1000 .reasonably upright

5. Goo
    Good suggestion but seat height could be a problem. I'll check it.

6. Ye
    Yep 33.1 inches is too much

7. Seat height is 33.2 inches for 2015 versys thou.

8. Ha posted at same time! Kwakas lower quite well...esp with the Versys...

9. Weird I didn't notice any vibration on my z1000 that bothered me. Weak rear break ? Don't know as can't remember ever using it. I can't see how your going to not get buffeting at highway speeds if your after an upright seated bike.

10. Eg Triumph thunderbird upright and no buffeting but not sporty for my needs

11. I'm on a 2012 z1000 and have test ridden the 2014. No seat vibration I can detect.

12. PjcliffoPjcliffo look at the BMW K1300S, the best sports tourer on the market.
    I had a 2012 Z1000 - never had any seat vibration, maybe the one you rode was a bit iffy.

13. Looked at the Yamaha Tracer? Seat height is 845mm, but there is a lowering kit as an OEM accessory. Dry weight is only 190kg and it comes with standard panniers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 845mm is mighty high...:(

15. 33.3 inches?

16. For the height challenged yes'm ...
    The Ape is 854mm...the ninj was ~31" and had to be lowered significantly...you ought to see my side stand angle!

17. Geez,
    Deadset? You midget! haha

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. IMG_9768.JPG I volunteer to get thrown at the local pub ;)
    Don't know that this pic shows it well but pretty mean angle and lowered quite a few inches...I have 2" risers on the bars...

19. Actually rode 2, a 2014 and 2015 on different days. The 2015 was a couple of hours in a variety of conditions.

20. Looks interesting