Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

webBikeWorld Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Review

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, May 17, 2016.

1. #1 NetriderBot, May 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
    A few weeks ago, in April (2016), I had the unfortunate circumstance of experiencing a lowside crash on my 2006 Triumph Sprint 1050.

It was one of those instances where you just don’t anticipate the likelihood of a crash.

I assume there is always the possibility of a crash of course, but in this case I was simply on my way home from work as I swung myself through the roundabout about a km away from the office.

As I came around in the left-hand portion of the circle before straightening up to continue, I suddenly found myself closer to the ground than I expected.

My rear tyre was on its edge before I knew it and it was slowly letting go.

Slow enough in fact that I was thinking “Well I’m going to be on the ground in a moment”. And then I was.

The Sprint slid about 30 or so feet (around 10 meters) and I slid maybe a quarter of that.

The bike didn’t strike anything and most of the damage was cosmetic. In fact, I rode it home shortly after getting it back up on two wheels.

My gear did its job beautifully and I was unhurt. I was a bit achy the next day in a couple of spots, but not even a bruise appeared.

The bike was totalled, even though it was only cosmetic damage. Plastics and other sundry parts are expensive and on a ten-year-old motorcycle, the economics (and perhaps my laziness) meant that didn’t make much sense to fix it. Time for a new one...

more »
  2. Hi NetriderBot, I just bought a 2014 Ninja 1000 about a month ago. This is the fisrt real roadbike I have owned, athough I ride off road quite a bit. I was really suprised at how expensive the insurance (Comprehensive) is on this bike, about $700 for a 48 year old with NRMA. My mates Hyabusa is much cheaper.
    Very nice bike to commute on and to tour on too.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Great bike mate. Try Qbe, my 03 gsxr 1000 is $500 a year and I have a total of 90 demerit points on my record. I'm 44.
  4. If and when I ever part with my ZX9R, this is the bike I want... with the full touring options... unless I get sucked into the BMW vortex that seems to swirl around me these days... lol ...but I could probably never justify the cost of a BMW... so Ninja 1000SX is looking good. :)
  5. You could do much, much, much worse. It's a great bike that's extremely versatile
    • Winner Winner x 1