Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki ER5 vs ducati monster 620 lite

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by johnnyboi, Mar 2, 2005.

1. As i am a newbie i am looking for all the advice i can muster .Currently i am riding a kwaka 250 sherpa and really enjoying both on and off road riding.I think though its time to upgrade the power and appearance to the onroad experience.I have narrowed my choices to these bikes(due to the extent of my research).Could anyone give me some valued advice as to if im heading in the right direction in my choices!
    Cheers :wink:
    johnnyboi

2. Apples to oranges
    go the monster!
    Go the monster!

3. Someone at Hyosilveraway! should give me a job, fair dinkum. But I really think the Hyosung GT650L makes a great next-step bike. They are totally learner legal (in NSW at least) and once off restrictions you can legally alter the carbs to bring it up to normal spec and have a full power 650 V-twin to ride, all for the price of one bike (cheap to begin with) and a carb job. Good idea that.

4. I have to wonder - have the words "Kawasaki ER-5" and "Ducati Monster" ever been used in the same sentence before? :LOL: :p :LOL:

I know 2 people who own ER-5s and are very happy with them.

On t'other hand, I know which of the 2 bikes I'd want to take one last lingering look at after parking it for the night. (Hint: it's Italian...)

Why not ride both and then decide?

5. Why wait till you're off restrictions? I dont think to many coppers are gonna pull your carbs apart to check they're still 'legal' :p I know what id be doing! :p 8)