Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki ER-5

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by dane75, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Has anyone got one of these bikes or ridden one... if so what are they like and would you recommend one as a learner bike? Sorry if this topic has been done before.

2. Personally I have not ridden the bike, but I would suggest it is the perfect sized LAMS bike. Big enough to ride on country roads and highways, and small enough for around town.

3. Hey, ive ridden an ER5, i mate of mine has a 2002 in silver. His been on his full licence for 3 years and has no intention of upgrading cause the ER5 does everything he needs and thats basic commuting to work and the occasional weekend ride in the countryside.

Although its not mindblowing, i can honestly say this is a great learner bike if your after something easy to maintain, user friendly, economical, reliable and above all, dead easy to ride!

Suprisingly nippy and easy to handle for a learner. Its perfect for commuting. Also has the extra grunt for touring too.

4. Gday mate

I have had my 97 ER-5 for just over a year now, I bought mine for 1.8k so it was a bit rough around the edges, but I fixed her up nicely and serviced her regularly and now it runs fine and is great to learn on, the 500 twin has effortless torque for around town and there is no need to rev it out, out on the open road it can sit on 120kph easily all day long. Very easy to work on and very reliable, I would highly recommend it as a first bike. Plus its just as fast if not faster than all those sporty 250's out there.

5. I had an ER-5. It would be a great learner bike. :)