Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki candy apple red paint codes?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Linux_insidev2, May 19, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

I'm looking at respraying my ZZR250 shortly. its currently a Silver/Black one but I've seen the candy apple red and now I want it!

Anyway, does anyone know the paint codes?
  2. Which one?

3. its a metallic magenta pearl base coat with two/three coats of two candy dyes (SEM winefire/candy apple red) over followed by clear
  4. Get the bike model, call the dealer, ask them to check the fisch, or if that doesn't work, call head office and ask one of the techs there
  5. Seems like a load of effort!
  6. it certainly is....its not as easy as everyone thinks
  7. Might end up going for a glossy black or something then lol.
  8. Good luck getting a candy paint code for a Kawasaki from any Kawasaki dealership or office! May as well ask for several million dollars in unmarked notes if you are successful!
    The reason is that every batch that came out of the factory was a different colour, as is teh nature of candy paints. If you change the film thickness of candys, either through more coats or just a heavier coat, the colour changes. So, it is pointless for Kawasaki to try to keep stocks of the paint.
    I think teh colour you are referring to is Candy Persimon Red.
    It was a popular colour on Kawasakis in the late 80's.
    It can be bought from one of the agents for these paints:

I know this because I contacted their head office after the local agency wouldn't even break out the colour chips to match my bike. I sent a small panel to the head office, and they sent me back their colour recommendation (which is spot on) and a large booklet on how to use and apply their paints. Excellent customer service for some pleb off teh street!
    Anyway, teh paint is available.

Regards, Andrew.
  9. +1 for houseofkolor good quality paint at the right price as well!!!