Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kawasaki '91 ZXR750 J1 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Josha, Aug 16, 2013.

1. I just bought one and was after some opinions about them from previous owners or riders. All I can find about them is the rear spring rate was too hard from factory but the rest of the bike is pretty sweet.

2. If it's a good 'un keep it that way and it'll be an investment. Early 90s race reps that haven't been butchered or crashed are the next big money classics IMHO. Get the suspension sorted (although on a 20+ year old bike it may already be done) and keep it mechanically up together and you've also got a pretty competent sports bike. Maybe not with the razor edge precision of a modern 600 but pretty good in the real world.
  3. Agree keep an eye out on ebay for original parts for anything you dont have, exhaust, signals etc. I think the Zx7 was a good choice lots of fond memories.