Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

kaoko cruise control in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by hornet, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Long shot I know but does anyone know where in melbourne i could buy and get fitted a Kaoko cruise control for my VFR 750, 95 model???

2. Getting sore hands from the long ride?
  3. Unlikely to find anyone with a suitable version in stock, I would think. http://www.cruisingbikers.com.au are the AUS distributors - perhaps give them a call and ask who the Melb stockists are, and then give the store(s) a call.

Most of the retail stores have the clip-on 'paddle' cruise, perhaps that will be enough to get you back home and you can order the kaoko online.
  4. Try Bikemart in Ringwood, then Peter Stevens / Harley Heaven
  5. You could call MCAS in Sydney for one and get it express posted to you.

As for fitting its just a bar end the only tools you'll likely need is a hex key or screwdriver.
  6. I use one of these too, cheap and it works well. Effectively it is doing the same thing as the Kaoko ie; it's a friction lock, not an actual cruise control.
  7. I've used one of the throttle rockers before, had a bad experience with it once so gave it up. I seem to recollect that Robsalvv had a renowned confrontation with one too.
    Yes these dull flat Victorian roads play hell with your right hand, I'll follow up on the suggestions, as usual, great stuff from Netrider.