Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Kabuto Helmets

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by PeterPorker80, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Has anyone heard of Kabuto helmets?

Tried one on it fit really well. My preference would be the more popular ones but other than Arai, they don't really accommodate eyeglasses/sunglasses.
  2. Only know the Pokemon
  3. The Shark Speed-R and Vision-R have cut out slots that are designed for glasses.
  4. Kabuto used to be OGK, and they sponsor a few aussie racers. I've seen Alex Cudlin's and it's a nice lightweight lid.
  5. More reviews come up for OGK than Kabuto. Seems highly regarded enough. I think I may have found my new helmet.
  6. In my experience Shark Helmets tend not to fit Arai helmets and vice-versa.
  7. Please explain?
  8. I think @BanzaiElise is referring to people's head shapes.
  9. Well look like my goal of saving up for an Arai is out then because the Shark fit me perfectly... maybe a Shoei...
  10. My old helmet is an Arai. I really like the idea of Shark with the internal visor but I couldn't find one that fitted me properly. I did however find a new Bell that was an even better fit than my old Arai.

Shark, Arai, Shoei, Bell all have helmets around similar price points. Fit and weight are my two priorities although I don't particularly want another helmet with a visor change system as complex as the Arai.
  11. I'm interested in the OGV FF-5V. Does anyone wear one? Thoughts?
  12. I've got the ogk ff-5 ? I think. Its a good helmet. Fits like a glove and works well with glasses. Only issue is I find it pushes back when going a bit faster (150 plus). Bit over the pattern 3 yrs on, but still a good lid.
  13. So you wear it on track days then....

14. Sure...lol