Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

K9 GSXR riders: Check your sidestand interlock switch!

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by grue, May 1, 2010.

1. Just saw a guy duckwalking a K9 GSXR on the side of the road with the 4ways on, circled around the block and went back to see if he needed help. Bike had stalled, and would run fine until put in gear, then immediately cut out. Got down and found one of the bolts for the stand safety switch had fallen out and the other was loose, so when the stand put pressure on the switch it'd just pivot around that bolt instead of depressing the switch and engaging. So I said "Gimme 5 minutes, I'll be right back". Went home, got some gaffer tape, rode back. Unbolted the other bolt, taped around the switch a few times to hold it down, and bolted it back in place. It won't last forever, but should get him home…

…but the weird thing is that the bolt wasn't long enough to go through the mounting point and have a nut on the other end, even though the hole goes all the way through. I don't know if that's normal or not, but I'd suggest checking to make sure your bolts are nice and tight.
  2. +50 karma to you