Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

K800i - is yours crap too.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by flexorcist, Jan 25, 2007.

1. My plan expired the other day and the phone company gave me the good ol' time to get a new phone shpeel etc etc. I was hoping he'd throw in the free dvd player etc that he said he'd try and do. anyways......

when i said nah i don't like my nokia now give me a sony ericsson again please, yeah yeah no worries, now i have a k800i.

does anyone else have one????

is yours really touchy and prone to freezing???
    when on the phone, how do you look through your address book??? i pressed down hoping this would work just like a nokia. a removed battery and some ear peircing scream-like beeps later.... it was on its way again. and sometimes i have to reset it because it forgets i have the memory card in and doesn't know what's going on.

so i wouldn't recomment it as yet. my s700 or whatever i used to have was great. this one. not so much.

in summary..
  2. I thought this was going to be a thread about a new BMW that has turned out to be a lemon !
  3. I would go back to the dealer and have a polite chat about the fact that the phone is a lemon. get it replaced under warentee that sort of thing...
  4. Go to this site and do a search. May be of some use.
  5. If you are talking about the F800 I would hardly call it a lemon.
    From the feedback I have seen from owners the balance of opinion is very high. There is a lot of critisim on the gearbox/drive train which has been acknowledged and rectified with all 2007 models having the "fix" and existing customers being able to receive the fix free.

Regarding the phone....

I had a K700i which was really bad. poor software I would say.
    I lost it overseas and now have a K750i which works well.
    Some workmates have the K800i and say it hasn't had problems but that they dont use many of the "features"
  6. +1 :) god i am dumb today.
  7. i have a K810i and it's fine...no worries in the 2 weeks i've had it.
  8. no, I was indicating my mistakenly seeing F800i and thinking "BMW" instead of "phone"
  9. :facepalm:

My bad.
  10. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: god you can tell were all bike riders someone starts b!tching about a phone and we think its a bmw....
  11. I've got the z550i and its great, no problems and I've dropped it twice already :)
  12. at least you didn't drop your f800 :rofl:
  13. Had a k800i since its release
    no probs with it
    think you just got a dud take it back 3 times and they will replace it
  14. yep got the older k750i and couldnt be happier with it.
    Best phone Ive had yet I would say.

Never going near another samsung after the 700e.