Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

K6/K7 GSXR 750 replacement stator and/or R/R

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by d e d, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Hi NR,
    As soon as weather is permitting I will be attempting to diagnose a dodgy stator and/or regulator/rectifier and was after first-hand recommendations on new replacements of these items?
    I can see lots of choices out there but would like to hear from anyone who has put new ones of these in and where you bought them - tried and tested in a way.

2. No stators but I have replaced Reg/Recs from http://www.regulatorrectifier.com on my and a few mates bikes and never had an issue.

Stators you can get rewound if you can be without the bike for a while at Small Coil Rewinds in Geelong. A couple of the guys here have done that.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. +1 for http://www.regulatorrectifier.com

Replaced the faulty stator on the 10 ( just outside the recall years, so missed out on the warranty replacement ) with one from these guys..no problems since.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Beautiful thanks guys, exactly what I'm after (tried and tested)...good to know their stator/RRs are still working sometime later!
    Too bad the USD->AUD is so abysmal at the moment :S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S
  5. Given the model I would put my money on the R/R unless its got big Ks on it.
    Get the kit with the mosfet R/R and the relocation bracket. The stock spot will keep frying them!
    They were relocated on the K8 model for this reason
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cheers fennel, and yeah I'll definitely be relocating it like everyone else has as it is a silly spot!
  7. Ok well as a sort-of follow-on from GSXR-750 K7 - small oil leak from stator grommet | Netrider - Australia's Best Motorcycle Community , in relation to the stator bolts, I did not apply any threadlock/loctite to the bolts because the Suzuki service manual doesn't say to.

However I'm wondering if I should have?

And if I'm going to be playing around and pulling the fairing off to seal the grommet, should I go ahead pull off the casing and threadlock/loctite the stator bolts to be sure? (I don't have a torque wrench, so the bolts were done up approximately to the force required to undo them initially)...
  8. With any rubber grommet that sticks out of a case you should put some sealant on it.

You won't need any loctite on the bolts for the stator .
  9. Sweet thanks Nick!
    I did put some Permatex gasket stuff on the grommet when I put it all back together, but I'm guessing a combination of the stuff being opened and old, oil breaking it down, heat, it eventually failed.
    Will be buying some proper RTV high-temp oil resistant stuff today and seal the exposed part of the grommet on the top of the casing...hope it works!
    • Like Like x 1