Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Biggles, Mar 11, 2011.

1. I need a nap.

2. So does that mean the only difference between the GT and GTL is the height of the seat?
  3. The usual bleating from the ill-informed. Regarding the cost overseas, our specs are usually (and in this case definitely) much higher than is sold in the UK or USA, which creates an unrealistic comparison when not taken into account. As the article says, there is only a seat option on the Australian model since every other option is already included.

When you consider that the 1600 will only be a couple of $k more than an R1200RT/SE, and many $k's less than an Electra Glide or a $k or so less than a Gold Wing, I think that it is outstanding value.

I've certainly got my name down for a test ride, and will buy one if it meets my 'wants'. The weight is a concern for me, and the centre stand/reverse is an issue too, but time will tell. I'm just getting used to my K-GT being 30kg heavier than my old R-RT, so another 30kg up to the 1600 will be testing on my old knees ;)
  4. You are joking, $14k difference, what special model will oz get? Gold plated.

Sent from my shed via Tapatalk.