Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

K1 GSXR 1000

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by lambros, Mar 26, 2013.

1. So after just over a year I'm finally back on two wheels!

About two weeks ago I was browsing ebay and found a K1 GSXR 750 at Spot On Motorcycles that took my fancy. After doing some research online it seemed like a great bike and I decided to go in and have a look at it. Upon arrival I was informed that the bike was sold, so we took a walk to their warehouse to see what else they had. A few older sports bikes were available, but I just didn't get excited by what I saw.

So I went home and jumped on bikesales, and stumbled across a K1 GSXR 1000. A litre bike in the classic blue and white colours (the 750 was red and black). Anyway the thing looked great on the listing, so I had to go see it in person. Upon quick inspection it looked just as good as it did online. The owner is a dirt bike man who used it a couple of times in between work and family commitments, so it's been sitting in the garage with the odd ride here and there.

To cut a long story short, we took it for a test spin and were very happy with it, so a deposit was left and I picked her up Sunday morning. So far I can say there's way too much power all over the rev range for my skill level (I'm used to an rgv's powerband). The power on tap is unbelievable. We're going for a longer ride tomorrow into the hills to dust off those cobwebs, should be great!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Congratulations buddy, I'm sure you'll get used to the power in no time!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Looks fantastic! I just got myself a litre so I know exactly what you mean by plenty of power, just take it easy for a few rides untill you get used to her, but congratulations and treat her well :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yes yes yes
    Me wants another one :)))
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Just updating on our ride from last Wednesday. The girlfriend and I took off from the eastern suburbs and rode through Warrandyte, Kangaroo Ground, Yarra Glen, Healesville and stopped off at Kinglake for lunch (Cafe M in Kinglake make a mean burger with the lot). We returned via Heidelberg-Kinglake road to complete a nice little loop of the Yarra Valley.

The bike felt very stable, although not so nimble through corners (compared to our R1). I also noticed a very short/sticky/binding clutch which caught me out upon takeoff (stalled) 2-3 times. Will be looking at adjusting the cable and changing the oil/filter and hopefully this fixes the problem.

Apart from that it was a great day to be out riding. The weather was warm, the countryside picturesque and the couple of hours we had were enjoyed in the best way possible, on two wheels!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Very nice lambros, enjoy her :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. That is awesome, you on the GSXR, gf on the R1. I am very jealous. I cannot wait until my gf gets her full licence and gets a decent bike.

Nice purchase with the Suzuki, they are an awesome bike.
    • Like Like x 1