Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just went for nice little 19km ride around Grovedale

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by YamahaWoman, Feb 15, 2012.

1. And nobody tried to run me over! Yay! =D>

I'm used to traveling at 60 now, no more shaking legs haha. It was a fun little trip, I went around a few streets with some nice twists and turns, and I was impressed at how little effort is required to turn around them. I've traveled 64kms all up since last Monday :)

2. Sounds like you are going great, building your confidence with baby steps. I've enjoyed your learning to ride posts - keep it up!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey well done :) keep at it, now didnt you forgt to buy the milk? Back on the bike lol have you installed the saddle bags?
    Beauty of a day you should be on the GOR today, you're close enough

4. (y) keep up the good work.

5. The first thing I did was go and put some money in the bank (no, you can't have it :LOL: ). There's a little driveway type thing in front of the bank so I rode up there and parked out the front. I left my gloves and sunglasses in the saddle bags (very handy things!). I enjoyed the wind more today because it was warm out there, I had to change my shirt when I got home because the whole back of it was wet :(

I nearly crashed into a curb when I was turning around in a court because I was looking at it instead of looking where I wanted to go. Lesson learned. When it isn't so hot I'll extend my riding time, the ride today was the longest I've gone in one ride so far. More!!! I was careful about people waiting for me to go past to turn a corner, at one stage there was a car in front of me so I slowed down in case the car turning didn't see me. I watch the wheels of cars wanting to turn in front of me to make sure they're going to stop, and I try to make eye contact with the person. Even then I slow down a bit in case they decide to run into me anyway. It all turned out well and all the cars behaved themselves =D>

6. sounds like you are going great, you're definitely going about it in the right way! remember to keep your head up. one thing I found myself doing when doing head checks was I looked down at the road when I should keep looking up, something to keep in mind.
    Maybe one day soon we will see you at the Saturday learner practice session in Melbourne? :)

7. Nice? Grovedale? I dont think they can be used in the same sentence

8. aly it is the area in which tahlia lives, a little consideration please.

9. Not gonna happen. I'm from down that way myself :)

10. It's still better than Corio and Norlane... For now :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don't you think Tahlia's a bit old for you, Klunk?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Did you just call me old? :eek: lol :)

13. Not at all Tahlia, it's just that you're obviously over 16 if you have your license...

14. 23? No, not at all. I once slept with a girl who was born in 1989. But it's irrelevant because I have a girlfriend and have no interest in moving on from her.
    After that epic thread everybody assumes that I am only into younger girls, but the fact is that my age range, as a guide, before taking into consideration personal attributes, is from born 1995 to born in 1988. If a girl has certain attributes that are appealing to me then I'm happy to consider girls from outside either end of that age range within reason, but not while I already have a girlfriend.

15. Well done Tahlia,always remember the quote by Lao-tzu;
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. and it seems you're well on your way to your first thousand.

and my personal favourite by Guillaume Apollinaire;

“Come to the edge, he said.
    They said: We are afraid.
    Come to the edge, he said.
    They came. He pushed them and they flew.”

• Like Like x 1
  16. No problem, just stirring :)

17. Only one thing worse than a Geelong snob is a former Geelong snob.

Not in any of those places myself, so I can talk as well.

The streets are a lot quieter down this way, more than 2 cars at the traffic lights and you know it's peak time, or you're near Waurn Ponds. So good place for practising.

Keep up the practise Tahlia.

18. Yes but the lights are timed so badly that you will be sitting at every freaking one!

Tahlia will get some good stopping and starting practise in.

19. The lights at Barwon Heads Road and Barwarre Road are terrible, if you're turning into Breakwater Road you're lucky if 4 vehicles can get around before the light goes red again.

20. baby steps Tahlia, patience is a virtue!! Good read you have started to 'read' whats around you..
    kepp at it.

• Like Like x 1