Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

just to say g'day

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by HONDA HAWK, Jul 4, 2007.

1. I'm not a new rider as such.Ive been on 2 wheels for 3-4 years now and want to spread my wings of freedom with other likewise people. Since I began riding I have found that my mates I have had for many years have just not understood what it is about riding that is so intoxicating when it dosn't involve a beer after the game on a warm summers evening after having been in the sun standing deep fine leg and bowling 15-20overs in a day. Although I have inspired one or two to see the light. One of em being my wife who is soon to take my VFR 750 off my hands for the sake of me movin on to an R1.It is a mental tug o war for me do that as I love my VFR and honda's, but I have found an R1 which is bliss and I can't help myself. God help me! The island beckons as I am hooked on track days and much prefer to do a couple of these each year instead of playing cricket week in and week out. The black spur has also been conquered twice and am keen to do the Great Ocean Road at first chance I get.My wife(hillbilly) and I had planned to do it together on the same bike but she changed that by goin an getting her licence. My wife doin that has been great for our marriage and as best mates anyway, we have grown as couple and have even more to talk about. I would encourage anyone to encourage their spouse to do the same. Enough of that.TOO DEEP. But true. oo roo then

2. Welcome to the forums
    I'm sure you will find plenty of like minded people here

I too have talked my partner into riding
    dont think she will ever take the zx12 of my hands but we will see :grin:

3. Welcome to netrider

we have been doing things together for years after all I married my best friend (dont know about Phil though :p )
    drag racing, 4wding, camping and now riding
    I was the first to head off for my licence and then Phil a couple of weeks later went for his.
    now we have matching v-Stroms :roll: (where is the finger down throat emoticon?)

but seriously it has been the best for us as a couple and as a family with the kids too

Looking forward to seeing both you and your wife out there

Tracey

4. That would be right! I get your hand me downs!!! :LOL: Can't complain tho. It could be worse. :grin: