Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just started riding, loving it

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by wby 1, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Hi everyone.
    New rider as of last thursday night when I picked up my 2015 cbr500r. I believe its one of the first silver ones around (Im pretty sure I can't upload a photo since this is my first post?)

So far Ive racked up 100k's just riding locally close to home. Got my L's about 3 weeks ago and have had no riding experience before so Im getting used to it all, and so far I absolutely love riding and my new bike! Its taken a while to get one- Ive had a few 4wds in the past but now its time for 2 wheeled toy.

• Like Like x 2
  2. welcome wby 1wby 1 look forward to seeing photos of the new silver beast once you are allowed to post :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Howdy, yes a few more posts and more features open up to you. You can create a showcase item for your pride and joy if you like.
  4. Welcome mate, enjoy!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yay, another CBR500R joins the family :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome wby 1wby 1 I've heard that the CBR500 is one of if not, the best LAMS bike available.
    Check out the learners group at Homebush thread, and the events section for group rides.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks for the welcomes.

Yeah Im surprised how easy and forgiving it is to ride, even though I have nothing to compare it to except the well used vtr250 I rode at the pre learners course.

Am planning to head along to Homebush one day soon. A bit more practice on busy roads first though, so I can actually make it there!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Check out the mentoring thread too, there's a ton of experience here and a bunch of us are willing to help you along.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Welcome wby 1,we all started somewhere once upon a time, some remember it, some don't
  10. Welcome to the site wby 1 and welcome to the motorcycling fraternity .
  11. Welcome to NR..
  12. Howdy & Welcome to NR wby 1wby 1 .. looking forward to the bike pics.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome to the forum, wby 1. The CBR500R is sure to keep you interested long after your L and P plates.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I have just started riding too (earlier this year) - I have managed to clock up 700km just pottering around. Keen to start doing some longer rides once I am more confident.
    • Like Like x 1